From Chevrefeuille: An all new feature for fun. This feature is about the satirical and humorfull kind of haiku and tanka. So it’s about senryu and kyoka. There is no consensus about the differences between haiku & senryu and tanka & kyoka, but the most known differences are the following, as you know other differences … please share them with us.
1. Haiku and Tanka are mostly about:
– nature and the role of mankind in it
– have a deeper meaning
– lack of humor
– and the use of ‘cutting-words’ and ‘seasonwords’
2. Senryu and Kyoka are mostly about:
– human affaires
– mostly no deeper meaning or spiritual background
– no use of ‘cutting-words’ and ‘seasonwords’.
My attempt at creating a senyru and kyoka on purpose.
Hope you enjoy.
Happy Reading and Writing!