I’m loving this week’s prompt from WriteNow! The prompt is:
Your 10 Anti-Resolutions:
- List ten things you resolve NOT to do in the upcoming year.
- Be as creative as possible.
So here are my 10:
10. I resolve to not take a petition for the banning of Dihydrogen monoxide to an eco-rally to prove that they will sign anything if they think it’s against “the man” (even though I guarantee I can still fill page after page).
8. I resolve to not have a mid-life crisis and live out my childhood fantasy of ramping the General Lee over a river, pond, creek, or any body of water, up to and including puddles.
7. In that same vein, I also resolve to not buy an overweight basset hound, name him Flash, legally file to change my name, and run around referring to myself in the third person as Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane, trying to capture myself while in “hot pursuit”.
6. I resolve to not slap anyone while they are sleeping with a fish or any other non-pork product.
5. I resolve not to expose various small (or large) animals to radiation in hopes that a bite will somehow give me superpowers (or rabies…most likely rabies).
4. I also resolve to not flush any baby alligators or crocodiles down the toilet just to prove all the naysayers about giant alligators in the sewers wrong.
2. I resolve to not do anymore anti-resolution lists because these are more difficult to come up with than I thought they would be.
1. I resolve to not welcome our new Chthonic Over-Lords without giving everyone a heads-up first.
Hope you enjoy.
Happy Reading and Writing!