Congratulations to Conscious Cacophony on being nominated for the Liebster Award! C. C. runs a great site that you should definitely check out. She, very kindly, gave me a shout-out in her list of Liebster nominees. I wasn’t nominated because I already have two nominations, but she still mentioned me, which I appreciate greatly. So, in honor of her kindness, I’ll answer the questions she posited to her nominees.
1. How did you pick your blog name?
I chose Writing To Be Noticed because I felt it fit what I was trying to accomplish. My writing is one thing I can offer to the world and the worst thing for a writer is to be ignored (unless you write for therapy purposes). Plus, all the cool names were taken 😉
2. Do you blog anonymously or as yourself and why did you make this choice?
While my name is right in my URL, I went with a more anonymous route. I went that route because I have a face suited for radio 🙂 So you will know my name, but don’t count on any pictures of me popping up on site anytime soon (read: ever!).
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, then where would you live?
Somewhere with no snow!
4. In your opinion, what is the most beautiful man-made object in the world?
My kids 😉
5. What is the most interesting course you have ever taken in school?
I took a course called Politics and Religion. I can only assume the instructors were masochists that enjoyed pain. Luckily(?), it was online, so no “Jerry! Jerry!” moments.
6. What is your favorite saying or quotation?
“Writing is like vagrancy, only less lucrative.” Thanks to B. Mac at Super Hero Nation for that one!
7. If you could have 50 pounds of anything, other than money, what would you want to have?
50 pounds of lost weight!
8. If you had to wear a button with a maximum of six words on it describing your outlook on life, what would your button say?
What the hell just happened here?
9. What/where was your favorite vacation and why?
Not really a vacation, but the cruise I took in 2000 while in the Navy. We stopped in various places like Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Hawaii, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai. I experienced various cultures and sights during our shore leave.
10. What is one job that no one could pay you enough to do?
I don’t know if there is one. I’m mercenary like that. 🙂
11. If you could only see ONE color, rather than a wide range of colors, then what color would you want to continue seeing?
Orange is my favorite, but I would probably be sick of it if it were the only one I could see. I’ll go with blue.
Thanks again to C. C. for mentioning me in your award post!